About the Yoga Mind and Body Huib
Healthy Body: Healthy Mind: Happy You!
Yoga has something for everyone
This section of the website provides you with deeper insight into yoga which are further developed in the yoga clubs blog.
Read about what yoga consists of
Is yoga exercise? Is it a religion? What is its purpose? What good will it do me?
These are all exactly the sort of questions you should be asking yourself before you embark on yoga for you.
That’s the purpose of this section of the website.
What is yoga?
Yoga is an ancient, multifaceted practice from India which engages the body and mind in activities that develop both your physical and mental fitness, health and wellbeing
The Components of Yoga
There are three core components of yoga
- Yoga postures, which are called Asana
- Controlled breathing, which is called Pranayama
- Relaxation and meditation, which is called Dhyana
You have to practise yoga: regularly and often
To yield the gains of yoga it’s essential that you practise regularly. That means in your own time as well as with the yoga club. But: once you get into it you’ll grow to love yoga, especially as you begin to feel the positive benefits it’s bringing you.
To learn more about the components of yoga please follow this link: Components of Yoga
The Benefits of Yoga
The good yoga does your body and mind
Health is defined as the extent of a person’s physical, emotional, mental and social ability to cope with his or her environment.
Yoga improves your integral health
There are four tangible groups of benefits which yoga has that will develop, sustain and prolong your integral (also called your complete, total or holistic health).
The four benefits of yoga
- It will make you physically fit meeting all the five criteria that constitute physical fitness.
- It will maintain the health of your body: in other words the inner and outer workings of your body.
- It will safeguard and strengthen your emotional and mental health as well as ease the symptoms of mental illness.
- It will develop your social skills by developing your self-belief, self-awareness and sense of purpose.
To learn more about the benefits of yoga please follow this link: Benefits of Yoga